Chad Inspecting The Condition of a Staircase
Annual Home Maintenance Inspection
Even the most vigilant homeowner can, from time to time, miss small problems or forget about performing some routine home repairs and seasonal maintenance. That’s why an Annual Home Maintenance Inspection will help you keep your home in good condition and prevent it from suffering serious, long-term and expensive damage from minor issues that should be addressed now. I recommend having an Annual Home Maintenance Inspection performed annually for your primary residence and any investment properties you own.
The most important thing to understand as a homeowner is that your house requires care and regular maintenance. As time goes on, parts of your house will wear out, break down, deteriorate, leak, or simply stop working.
But relax. Don’t get overwhelmed. You’re not alone. I can help you with maintaining your home. Consider hiring me for an annual home inspection and open and close your vacation home each year, we can customize these plans to what is best for your needs.
Home Maintenance Tips from Chad Helton
Opening and Closing Your Home and or Vacation Home
• Change the batteries in smoke detectors and carbon-monoxide alarms.
• Change furnace and A/C filters.
• Replace any nonoperational light bulbs.
• Check fire extinguishers.
• Clean out gutters and downspouts.
• Call the chimney sweep.
• Check all window seals.
• Check the attic and basement for leaks.
• Check the dryer and other vents for debris
• Open or Close and drain water lines..
What’s Included in Your Annual Home Maintenance Inspection?
I will inspect for any problems you may be concerned about, as well as the:
• roof system, including the chimney & all roof penetrations;
• gutters & downspouts;
• grading & drainage;
• walkways & driveway;
• garage doors, safety sensors & openers;
• exterior cladding;
• deck, stoops, porches & railings;
• windows & doors;
• attic, insulation & ventilation;
• heating system;
• cooling system;
• plumbing system;
• drainage sump pump with accessible float;
• electrical system;
• fireplace damper door & hearth;
• ceilings, floors & walls;
• basement, foundation & crawlspace;
• and much more!